AIO SEO Plugin “What SEO plugin should I use on my WordPress site?” is a question I have been asked frequently. Several SEO plugins for WordPress are available in the WordPress plugin repository. It all boils down to picking the one that best suits your needs. I believe that ‘All in One SEO plugin’ is an excellent choice, especially for individuals who are new to both WordPress and SEO.
The initial WordPress SEO plugin, All in One SEO (AIO SEO) for WordPress, was launched in 2007. Over 2 million website owners rely on AIO SEO to set up WordPress SEO effectively so that their sites may rank better in search engines.
Because they follow the most up to date SEO standards and SEO best practises, AIO SEO’s WordPress SEO plugin features are highly optimised for Google and other prominent search engine algorithms.
AIO SEO is, without a doubt, the greatest WordPress SEO plugin available! AIO SEO makes setting up WordPress SEO the RIGHT WAY straightforward. This is why AIO SEO has been recognised by numerous industry professionals as the most beginner-friendly WordPress SEO plugin that is both Simple and Effective!
Why To Use AIO SEO Plugin for WordPress?
Let me keep this simple, you will be able to set up XML sitemaps, SEO meta title, optimised search appearance, SEO meta description, SEO keywords, social media integration, local SEO, webmaster tool connections, Open Graph SEO Knowledge Panel information, schema markup, and more advanced WordPress SEO features. And all of this could be completed in about 10 minutes.
Let’s discuss these features in detail to know this question better.
Key Features of AIO SEO Plugin
Here’s a list of some top-notch features that are admired by most AIO SEO users for their SEO audit.
- WordPress SEO Setup Wizard – Set up WordPress SEO correctly in under 10 minutes.
- On-page SEO Optimization – Improve the SEO code markup on your website (without hiring a developer).
- Unlimited SEO Keywords – Help you optimise your pages for an endless number of keywords.
- XML Sitemap – Your site’s advanced SEO sitemaps.
- TruSEO Score – In-depth content and readability analysis to assist you in optimising your pages for better SEO rankings.
- Smart Meta Title and Description – Automatic SEO creation, dynamic smart tags, and more.
- RSS SEO Sitemap – Using an RSS sitemap, you may increase the frequency of your SEO crawls.
- Automatic Image SEO – This image SEO module aids in the optimization of your photos.
- Local Business SEO – With our local SEO module, you may improve your local business’s SEO visibility.
- Sitelinks Search Box – Assists in the inclusion of a search box in Google SEO rankings.
- Video SEO Sitemap – Using a video sitemap, you can improve your SEO rankings.
- Google News SEO Sitemap – Using a Google News sitemap, you may boost your SEO traffic.
- Sitelinks from Google – SEO markup can assist you in obtaining sitelinks for your brand.
- Google Search Console – Integrate your WordPress site with Google’s webmaster tools to get more SEO information.
- Verification Tools for Search Engines – Easily integrate with other popular SEO webmaster tools to boost search exposure.
- RSS Content for SEO – Use our RSS Content tool to prevent content theft from damaging your SEO results.
- User Access Control – With the comprehensive SEO access regulation, you can control who has access to your SEO settings.
- Rich Snippets Schema – Using rich snippets schema, you may improve your click through rate (CTR) and SEO rankings.
- Support for Knowledge Graphs – With the SEO Knowledge panel, you can improve the search look of your website.
- Google AMP SEO – With Google AMP SEO, you can improve your mobile SEO ranks.
- Advanced Search Engine Optimization Canonical URLs – With automated canonical URLs, you can avoid duplicate content in SEO and improve your SEO ranks.
- Advanced Robots Meta SEO Settings – No index, no follow, no archive, no snippet, max snippet, max video, and more granular settings.
- SEO Study of Competitor Sites – SEO analysis of competitors to outrank them by enhancing your website’s SEO optimization.
- Robots.txt Editor – You can control what SEO robots can view.
- SEO Audit Checklist – Use this to improve your website’s SEO rating.
As you have gone through the plugin’s features, let us know how to get this installed on your WordPress admin panel.
How To Download and Install AIO SEO Plugin on WordPress?
Firstly, You’ll need a Business Plan membership to install All In One SEO’s custom plugin on your WordPress website. The installation procedure is as follows:
Step-01: Go to All In One SEO’s official website and sign up for an account using a valid email address. For a safe login, enter your unique username and password.
Step-02: In the upper right corner of the webpage, click the My Account option.
Step-03: You’ll be sent to a page where you’ll need to select the Downloads tab and then the Download AIO SEO button. A ZIP file named All-In-One-SEO-pro.zip will be downloaded.
Step-04: Log in to your WordPress’s “My Site Dashboard” and select Plugins from the left-hand menu to upload the ZIP file to your WordPress.com site.
Step-05: In the upper right corner of the screen, click the Upload Plugin key. Drag & drop the ‘all-in-one-SEO-pro.zip’ file into the appropriate area, or browse to the location where the plugin file was downloaded. WordPress will now install and activate the plugin for you automatically.
Step-06: To activate the plugin, go to the WP Admin panel and choose the All in One SEO plugin. Finally, input the license key that you received in your purchase receipt email in the General Settings.
If you follow the above steps with perfection, it should only take 10 minutes to correctly install AIO SEO Plugin on your WordPress website.
After downloading and installing the All in One SEO plugin. Now it’s time for setting the plugin correctly.
If you are looking for more detailed info on this you can visit our post on how to install and set up a WordPress plugin on your website.
How To Setup AIO SEO Plugin for WordPress Correctly?
I am using the Pro edition of this powerful SEO plugin to illustrate all of its capabilities. You may, however, get a free version of AIO SEO from WordPress.org.
1. The AIO SEO Plugin Setup Wizard
The plugin will automatically open the setup wizard after activation. To proceed, you must click the ‘Let’s Get Started’ option.
2. Website Category – AIO SEO Plugin Setup Wizard
You’ll be prompted to select a website category or type on the following step. If your website is primarily a blog, a news website, an online store, or a small company, for example.
I will set it up as a blog for the sake of this guide.
3. Title and Description of the Homepage
Fill up the homepage SEO title and description. Because search engines use the SEO meta title and description, it’s critical to put your core keywords here.
The smart tags option is visible here. These tags let you produce text for your SEO meta title and description on the fly.
You may also manually type in the title and description you’d want to utilize. Don’t worry if you forget something; you can easily alter these options afterward.
To go to the next stage, click the Save and Continue option.
4. Fill in the Data of Your Website for AIO SEO Plugin
After that, you’ll be asked if you want to create it as a person or a business. If you operate a personal blog, for example, you may wish to pick a person.
Alternatively, you would choose an organization and provide your company’s name and phone number. You can leave the field blank if you don’t have a business phone number yet and fill it in later.
You must also provide a business logo and a default social sharing picture underneath that. When someone shares a link from your website, if that page doesn’t have a special featured picture configured for it, a default social sharing picture will be utilized.
5. Including Social Media Accounts
The social profile part may be found if you scroll down a little. This is where you’ll put the links to your website’s social profiles.
Google and other search engines utilize the corporate logo and social profiles as essential aspects in their Knowledge panels.
After you’ve finished filling out the forms, click the Save and Continue button to go to the next stage.
6. Activating SEO Features
After that, you’ll be prompted to enable SEO features. XML Sitemaps and Optimized Search Appearance (two important SEO elements) are already enabled.
You have the option of turning on additional features. If you’re not sure, leave the default selections alone and proceed to the next step.
7. Search Appearance in AIO SEO Plugin Wizard
The Search Appearance screen will appear next. The plugin will provide a sample snippet of how your site will appear in search results, and you may alter the homepage title and meta description by clicking on it.
The plugin will display your site title, separator, and tagline using smart tags by default.
Your objective should be to include your primary keywords in the title and description of your website. These can also be changed later in the plugin settings.
8. Select From a Variety of Sophisticated Search Appearances
You’ll find advanced choices below that. You must customize them to meet your specific needs. The first choice is to select whether your site is operational or in the process of being built.
You can use the under construction option if you don’t want search engines to mention your website right now.
The next step is to include all post types in search results (for example, posts, pages, products, and so on). If you’re not sure, toggle it on for all post types.
The next step is to decide whether you want a multi-author or single-author blog. If you have a single-author blog, you must choose this option to avoid duplication of material.
The option to redirect attachment pages is enabled by default. Attachment pages are low-text sites, and redirecting them is strongly advised to increase your total SEO score.
To go to the next stage, click the Save and Continue option.
9. Entering Your License Key
Finally, if you’re utilizing the plugin’s PRO services, you’ll be prompted to provide your license key. This information is accessible through your account on the All in One SEO.
You may save your preferences and end the setup process by clicking the Finish Setup button after providing your license key.
10. Complete the AIO SEO Plugin Setup Wizard
You’ve completed the installation and setup of the All in One SEO for WordPress plugin on your website. You’re now ready to use this amazingly effective SEO tool to help you build your business.
All in One SEO Plugin vs Yoast SEO Plugin
Because both All in One SEO and Yoast SEO are excellent plugins, any comparison between the two must be thorough. Have a look at these images to understand better.
All in One SEO, on the other hand, wins in terms of simplicity of use, improved user experience, and more control over various functions.
When it comes to eCommerce schema support, eCommerce SEO, and local SEO, All in One SEO is the best.
All in One SEO’s TruSEO score and on-site SEO audit will provide newcomers with a step-by-step plan for improving their content and improving their SEO.
And if you have many websites, All in One SEO will save you a lot of money.
Frequently Asked Questions About AIO SEO Plugin
What to know more about AIO SEO Plugin? Here are some FAQs asked by many beginners, hope that these will help you out.
What is the Cost or Price for an AIO SEO Plugin?
AIO SEO has 4 plans with different charges, as the cost increases it’s obvious that the amount of features will increase too…!
Basic Plan: $99.00 per year.
Plus Plan: $199.00 per year.
Pro Plan: $399.00 per year.
Elite Plan: $599.00 per year.
These are the usual charges, but AIO SEO has some offers running all the time. Visit the site and get your beat deal.
Which AIO SEO Plan is Best for You?
If you are a beginner I suggest the Basic Plan. However, if you are planning to provide a web development service it’s better to take the Pro plan as at the beginning, and Plus plan for the long-run.
Who Should Take Use of AIOSEO?
Business owners, designers, developers, bloggers, photographers, and pretty much everyone can benefit from All in One SEO
What are the Requirements for Using AIO SEO?
To use All in One SEO, you’ll need a self-hosted WordPress website or WordPress.com site with an active Business Plan.
Is All in One SEO Compatible With Non-WordPress Websites?
Unfortunately it’s a No! The AIO SEO plugin works only at WordPress websites
Is AIO SEO Plugin Free?
Yes! The free version of All in One SEO can be downloaded from your WordPress Dashboard.
Do I Need to Learn Coding to Use AIO SEO Plugin?
Certainly not! All in One SEO is the most user-friendly WordPress SEO plugin (3), allowing you to optimise your site without bothering to learn any coding.
Your results from implementing this or any other plugin will vary because SEO is sometimes more of an artwork than just scientific knowledge. Both versions of All in One SEO are capable of optimising your WordPress site for search engines like Google and Bing, as well as connecting your site with valuable services like Google Analytics and Webmaster tools. So, is it time to upgrade? Yes! It is….